Friday, June 12, 2009

It is official, the crib is down



Call me crazy, but with each of my kids' first birthdays, the toddler bed has come out to grace the bedroom. It was much easier fitting into Amande's room, when it was her time. She has definitely lucked out with the larger room. Unfortunately ,Thierrys' is much smaller, and it looked like we were using the space to store anything baby related.

The difference in the two kids have been very obvious, from the loudness of the house, to the sticky fingers. Having my girl first who is NOT a dirt magnet didn't really help me be prepared for the stained shirts, and oatmeal face of the Monster. You would think I would have been used to it, as he is just like his Uncles when they were little. I remember just how messy there were and still are, and how even a fence didn't keep them in a yard. So it was no surprise that when it came down to it, I had to use the crib as a wall barrier to keep Thierrybeer from climbing out of his toddler bed, and lay at the door calling for us when ever he saw our feet in the hall.

Amandine was not sure of how to climb out of her toddler bed till she was 2, it took Thierry 2 minutes. I sure do miss that.

So finally getting to the point of this post, I just said, "I am done with the clutter." I took down the crib, cleared the room. And what is left is his toddler bed, and dresser. Now if I could only stop him from climbing into his dresser drawers to surprise us when we come in to get him up.

No comments: