Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I had to wonder if somewhere, someplace had frozen over...

Ok, so I NEVER post on my blog anything religious, as I do not want to affiliate my blog with religion. BUT... for the FIRST TIME IN SEVEN YEARS I have visiting teachers in my home. Sad a bit, as way back when Megan and Becca were my VT's I got visited ALL THE TIME... guess I am not just as likable in my old age ;)

This month the focus of the message is nurturing the next generation, perfect topic for moms. I haven't even glanced at the message yet this month (I am so behind on everything) but I LOVED THIS PART!

"Take care of your little ones. Welcome them into your homes, and nurture and love them with all of your hearts. They may do, in the years that come, some things you would not want them to do, but be patient, be patient. You have not failed as long as you have tried" ("Words of the Living Prophet," Liahona, May 1998, 26–27; "Excerpts from Recent Addresses of President Gordon B. Hinckley," Ensign, July 1997, 73).

YOU HAVE NOT FAILED AS LONG AS YOU HAVE TRIED... somehow I don't think Jillian would agree (BL FANS!), but as far as parenting goes I guess as long as you have tried do right by your family, and taught them what is right OVER AND OVER again, if it hasn't sunk in yet, it isn't going to... I have a few more years of grinding those thoughts into my little ones. All others are just lost causes...

As a side note...

Chris has a job interview on Thursday...probably nothing will come of it, but hopefully something will soon!

4 comments:

dawn said...

Who are your new visiting teachers? KUDOS to them.

Tracie said...

I liked your post and also liked the VT message. :-) Good luck with the job search, something will break soon. I just hope you guys stay in this area.

The Prices said...

Awesome, Rach! They will learn, we need to keep telling ourselves that.

You need to put notes all over the house that say, "Chris deserves a good job" "Chris will do well at the interview" and stuff like that. Think positive girl!

Rebecca said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! if hell has frozen over someplace then I have to give a TALK!