Sunday, December 06, 2009

Ok, so I guess I can now talk about it...

I am a HUGE jinx. It is all because of every job interview Chris had, every call, from a different company, I looked them up. I wanted to know where they were, what people who worked there though, etc. This time though I didn't even think about it. And he got hired. It has been confirmed, the contract signed, and the drug test administered.

Well I can't say that I had any time to look into it either. Chris interview was one week, then next was the Holiday, and the following we were looking at him going back to Stahls.

So here are the details.

Starting on the 14th he will be working for a Contract Company that is located in Canada. They currently have a job here in Sterling Heights with General Dynamics for a Temporary Position that will last 12-16 weeks. There is NO guaranteed time frame for this position, so we are hoping for the longest amount of time. At the end of this contract there may be an opening for him to be hired full time, which would be wonderful!

In the meantime, we are still doing everything we can to keep all bills down, and SAVE all extra cash that might be coming in. If he isn't hired full time, and the contract ends, with UI and what we will save from this job, we should be able to float until something more permanent comes our way.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO JOSH AND STACEY WHO HELPED CHRIS LAND THIS POSITION!!! Fingers crossed we will be able to do the official happy dance in the spring.

2 comments:

The Prices said...

What great news! Good luck!

Christine said...

That's great news! I hope it works out long term, too.