Sunday, August 23, 2009

Grandmother Reel

Over the past week, I was able to visit with my Great Grandmother on our way home from Calebs' Wedding. I keep wishing I could go down with my grandma in tow so we could get a real 5 generation picture, but for now this will have to do.
I am so please that I was able to get this picture of my kids with their Great-Great Grandmother, you can tell how she looks at them that she just loves the kids. Almost 7 years ago, I guess that is when I was able to really visit last, Amandine was only 2 months old, now my baby is going to be 7 in just a short time.


I was determined to get a picture of Amandine with her Great Great Grandmother, afterall she is named for her family.



I took this picture, because I always love to see what passes from generation to generation. I have always known I had my mothers hands, but recently I noticed they are my grandmas' hands, and here I can see that they really are my Grandmothers hands. Down to how we all scratch our arms...aren't genes wonderful!

No comments: