Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Menu


We ate the remaining Ziti on Saturday, as pasta is always better the second day around. With it, we again paired it with the apples and butternut squash, but we did change it up by adding cranberries. Super yummy and no issues eating that here. At least not too many.

4th Sunday evenings are spent at my inlaws, so Dinner was not my choice or idea, but we made it work, with a make your own pizza night.

It was awesome because the kids made ours. We each wrote down what toppings we liked and had a one of the kids (Hardie or Hemingway) create. I wish I had thought to pull out my camera when mine was delivered, as Fia Bia made me a smiley face creation. (added 1/24 @ 12pm, Our Afton took a picture while they were finishing the pizza's up, you can see mine with G-Man)

Pineapple eyes, nose and earrings, with a green pepper smile.


SUPER CUTE!!

I was even more please with my family, especially our Papa.

Although I told them if they needed to cheat on my plans of all veggie that it would be ok, I was totally floored when Papa had the same pizza toppings as me, and Monkey had just cheese. I would have liked her to have at least one veggie on, but I was very happy that she didn't load it up with ham, sausage, and pepperoni. Monster doesn't count, as I think Mami made it for him and he just picked whatever.

design picture



To make me feel that I made something from scratch, homemade, and vegetarian this morning I made these:


Banana-Chocolate Chip Pancakes. No pre-mixed batter.

I guess these little suckers
don't exactly count, as homemade,
Chocolate Chips
as I didn't mix a batch of chocolaty goodness, and I don't own a banana tree, but it wasn't from a Jiffy Box either. And my SIL will love that I didn't have syrup on it... no corn syrup found in this AM breakfast.

I think tomorrow will be burger night... can't wait to see how that goes.


No comments: