Monday, December 22, 2008

The couch is my friend, the floor is not.

For those of you who dont' know, and it may be alot, I am super clumsy. Well not too clumsy, after all how many people can walk around in 3 1/2 inch heels and be 9 months pregnant, but just clumsy enough that every once in a while I take a nice big tumble.
A few years ago, one of these tumbles landed me on my back against the basement stairs, and ever since, once in a while something super simple, like picking up a sock off the floor, makes my back spasm in such a way that I walk slower than molasses. Yesterday Morning is one of those days. It doesn't matter that last week I was moving furniture, and throwing my kids in the snow. Forget that I was lifting and bending to get to missing shoes and clothes under the beds. Never mind that I have been trying to get the pre-amandine body back at the gym and during my walks to school, no I try to pick up wrapping paper to prevent my falling on it, and bam! I can't hardly move. Needless to say, I am so grateful that Christmas Vacation is here, I wont have to worry about walking to the school, or getting things for the kids, because starting tomorrow, hubby will be home till after the new year, as will big sis. Today Amande is being a big help with picking up the baby and handing him to me, and bringing me things, and being a great little helper. Tomorrow I will see how she does with baking the cheesecake, and she is so excited to do that, and hopefully, soon, maybe by the end of the week, I can get back to moving like I am 28 and not 82.



No comments: