Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Spicy Mexican Style Zucchini Casserole


When I saw this recipe, I was super excited. I really like zucchini, I like it in anything and everything. Breads, Cookies, salad, facials, you name it. This is a very versatile veggie, and I know where to find a backyard garden to grow plenty of it come Summer.


Don't look too close at the picture, Chef Anne would be disgusted at the sloppy presentation.

Our Monkey was not sure of it, and did complain, but only because it was SPICY. I thought the spice was just right, but I have a desensitized section of taste buds from years of training. So MIL, it has a kick. An easy solution, use mild salsa, and no or half the cayenne pepper.

If was extremely filling. Pinto Beans, Salsa, Rice, Cheese, Zucchini, Onions, Spices and paired with Tortilla Chips and Sour Cream. I would compare it to a version of a meat-less Mexican Bake, or Taco Salad. I will be doing this one again.

You Can Find this recipe here:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spicy-Mexican-Style-Zucchini-Casserole/Detail.aspx

My absolute favorite thing about this meal, only 1 hour total, to create. And on the site you can up your serving size to make as little or as much as you like. We did ours for 8 Servings, and will be having this again tomorrow night...unless Papa gets hungry around Midnight.

No comments: